Indiana health officials have identified six new cases of variant influenza A, or swine flu, in three counties including LaPorte.
Indiana State Health Commissioner Dr. Gregory Larkin deserves credit for gathering information on the state's trauma care system. There are obvious gaps — including in Northwest Indiana, where no trauma center exists.
Do you know the No. 1 killer of Hoosiers under age 45? It is injury, more specifically trauma.
Gregory Larkin, MD, is Indiana's state health commissioner.
Indiana joined the rest of the world Tuesday in celebrating World No Tobacco Day. This global health observation was created to teach people about the dangers of tobacco use and highlight public health efforts in the fight against the tobacco epidemic.
Follow The Times
We offer warranty for life, zero dwnpymt programs, pay to…
Premium Title Group offers real estate, loan closings and titl…
You create your own combination of delicious, soft-serve prem…
10% off when you mention this ad.
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)22 hours ago
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am