SCHERERVILLE | The moment Nancy Laskarin saw a television special exposing the poor treatment of greyhound racing dogs, she knew she had room in her heart and home to rescue some.
Greyhounds are known for their lightning-fast speed, but a group of rescuers in the region want more people to know about a greyhound’s ability to win your heart as well.
Much of the recent press about the Regional Bus Authority in the last few months has centered on the collapse of the Hammond-based services and the express bus to Chicago.
The Greyhound bus station in Hammond closed Saturday, leaving Gary's Metro Center as the last place in Lake County where riders can buy tickets and wait for buses protected from the elements.
Follow The Times
Must be a valid, current offer. Please present coupon at …
We offer free refractive evaluations for patients interested in LASIK or implantable contact lenses.
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am