VALPARAISO | Not a seat was left in the small room at the Holiday Inn Express where people gathered Saturday to organize support for gun rights.
PORTAGE | Six friends and co-workers stood along Willowcreek Road on Saturday as cars whizzed past, drivers honking their horns.
CHICAGO | As Chicago struggles to quell gang violence that has contributed to a jump in homicides, a top elected official wants to tax the sale of every bullet and firearm — an effort that has national gun-rights advocates already considering a legal challenge.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle
On Wednesday, boxes of ammunition line the shelves of a gun shop in Tinley Park. On Thursday, Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle proposed a tax of 5 cents a bullet and $1 for a box of 20.
Follow The Times
Now Is the Time To Update Your Bathroom. Call Midwest Remodeling, Windows & Doors & Get 30% Off Your Bathroom Remodeling Project
Get the Bathroom you’ve always wanted and SAVE $$ at the same time.
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
or go to www.meyersgriffith.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am