- Full-time attorney among first things cut by new waste district director
- 'Fiscal conservative' to assume waste district reins
- Public trust, leadership hurdles face new waste district board chairman
- Duggan defends waste district attorney's salary
- Could full-time attorney be the next cut of the Lake County waste district?
- Hamm: No more waste district credit cards without board approval
- Waste district officials seek way forward amid 'embarrassments'
- Some Lake waste district officials want review of take-home vehicles
Lake County's new solid waste director is moving quickly to reform the budget and pull the agency from the shadow of spending scandals.
Jeff Langbehn's 21-year tenure as director of the Lake County solid waste district has survived a multimillion-dollar lawsuit settlement, a failed trash-to-ethanol contract costing taxpayers thousands more and a nearly successful legislative attempt to strip his agency's taxing authority.
MUNSTER | Eight Nordikids Children’s Club 208 members received Vasa Order of America Grand Lodge, District Lodge Lake Michigan 8, and Nordik Folk Lodge 761 scholarships for college and language camp at this year's VASA District 8 Convention held May 31 in Burr Ridge, Ill.
The Lake County Solid Waste Management District Board is looking for options for disposing the county's trash. The board should make sure it doesn't dispose money in the process.
CROWN POINT | The Lake County Solid Waste Management District will cost county taxpayers more than $7.4 million in public debt payments over the next 16 years.
Well, I figured if I waited long enough the worm would turn.
Lake County Solid Waste Management District officials plan to meet behind closed doors Aug. 30 to discuss the possible legal ramification of terminating the agency's trash-to-ethanol contract with Powers Energy. Earl Powers' failure to show up at Thursday's meeting, even as he knew he was on…
The Lake County Solid Waste Management District seems to be having problems with solid results, wasteful spending and good management.
The Lake County Solid Waste Management District has wasted too much time on the trash-to-ethanol project. The best option for the district's board of directors is to pull the plug on the trash-to-ethanol plant and try to recoup its losses.
The legendary Sabre Room on Chicago's southside in Hickory Hills, Ill. will once again be showcasing headlining star talent in the venue's showroom.
Phil Potempa's daily entertainment news column.
Follow The Times
Vote! Today's Poll
Are Gary school officials doing enough to secure existing property?