Six years after the Supreme Court’s Roe v Wade decision that legalized abortion, I was covering the Indiana Senate.
Soon, I will have the opportunity to enjoy a few days in Washington, D.C., with a group from my school. We will be joining with people all across America in the Right to Life March.
Abortion is legal in America. So was slavery. So was denying women the right to vote. So was the U.S. Supreme Court’s finding that a black person is three-fifths of a human being.
Abortion, with its every aspect subject to regulatory scrutiny, is the perfect example of "biopolitics" -- how the government seeks to control the bodies and lives of the body politic. Biopolitics has been on full display this spring in the nation's heartland.
There he goes again. It seems as though every time I go to read the news, I see "my man Mitch" trying to push some new biased legislation into action, claiming to know what is "best" for the people of Indiana.
The battle over government funding for Planned Parenthood is generating lots of sound and fury to rally anti-abortion forces, but it comes at high risk for low-income Hoosiers.
Amid all the hubbub over the state's recent defunding of Planned Parenthood, I wonder if this isn't more of a political move than an ideological one.
Follow The Times
good through June 30, 2013. Improve Accessibility to Your Home…
Our expertise can definitely help you. 219-932-5818
Jack & Vernon's Septic Service does residential and commer…
Davis Concrete Correctors is a locally owned and family operat…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should all Indiana judges be chosen by a merit commission, the way they are in Lake and St. Joseph counties?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm