Indiana Department Of Labor
Despite an uptick in the rate workers in the agricultural and health care sectors got sick or hurt on the job last year, the Indiana Department of Labor said Thursday the average for all industries around the state was flat from 2010.
INDIANAPOLIS | The procedures the Indiana Department of Labor will follow to investigate complaints under the state's right-to-work law take effect Wednesday.
WHITING | Officials at the BP Whiting Refinery are leading an investigation to figure out the root cause of a "brief flash fire" that sent three contract workers to the hospital Tuesday night.
INDIANAPOLIS | The setting for Indiana's right-to-work battle shifted from the marble-walled Statehouse to a dull, gray conference room Tuesday, but the passionate opposition of Hoosier labor leaders was not diminished as they objected to rules needed to implement the state's right-to-work law.
The Indiana Department of Labor has adopted preliminary rules establishing the procedure for handling alleged violations of the state's new right-to-work law.
Three months after Gabe Rocha, of Portage, was badly burned in an accident at ArcelorMittal Burns Harbor, the company and union said changes have been made at the steel mill to prevent similar tragedies.
Contractor Walsh & Kelly Inc. has paid a $5,000 fine to settle concerns from the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration after a workplace accident in Valparaiso that left a worker dead.
Indiana's workplace injury and illness rate remained the same in 2010 compared to 2009, although the Hoosier state had about 89,800 fewer workers last year.
Gary-based N.A. Logan Inc. has agreed to pay $3,900 to Indiana's workplace safety regulator to settle a case involving an employee's death.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana Department of Labor on Friday announced a settlement agreement with the University of Notre Dame in the death of student employee Declan Sullivan.
Follow The Times
Mobile Users – Click to Call: (219) 996-2981
Call now and SAVE $60.00 on an 8 pack of ½ hour Boot Camp Work…
Express Lunch: 11am-2:30pm ~ $9.95! All You Can Eat Buffet: Mon, Wed & Fri. Create Your Own Pasta: Tues & Thurs
For nearly 60 years, Feikema Plumbing & Sanitation has bee…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm