Indiana State Board Of Education
Indiana state Sen. Scott Schneider's legislation to overturn the Indiana State Board of Education's decision to adopt the Common Core Standards must be defeated.
Under Indiana's new teacher licensing rules, the path for adjunct instructors in grades 6 to 12 has been greased too liberally.
During the past couple of years, the state of Northwest Indiana's schools has been brought to the forefront with special concern directed at our lowest performing schools.
Nearly two months ago, the Indiana State Board of Education agreed to hire EdisonLearning to turn around Roosevelt Career and Technical Academy in Gary, but the contract still isn't signed yet. This homework needs to get finished.
INDIANAPOLIS | Gov. Mitch Daniels has appointed a Gary attorney with ties to a local charter school as the new member on the Indiana State Board of Education.
On May 3, voters in LaPorte County's Cass Township cast their ballots on whether to create the Tri-Township Consolidated School Corp. It was not, however, the final word.
Follow The Times
Come visit us at The Comfy Couch Today!
Spend less time cleaning!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm