PASADENA, Calif. | The robotic explorer Curiosity's daring plunge through the pink skies of Mars was more than perfect. It landed with spectacular style, said a NASA scientist, describing the first images of its mechanical gymnastics.
Brian Schratz hugs a colleague as he celebrates a successful landing Sunday inside the Spaceflight Operations Facility for NASA's Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity rover at Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif.
This photo provided by NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory shows the gravel on the surface of Mars' Gale Crater where the Curiosity rover landed late Sunday. On the horizon is the rim of the crater. Part of the spring that released the lens' dust cover can be seen at the bottom right, near the …
This late Sunday photo made available by NASA shows the Curiosity rover, bottom, and its parachute descending to the surface from the vantage point of the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.
With a box full of carrots and a hankering for something vaguely exotic, Mary-Claire van Leunen turned to her computer for a recipe.
Together and apart, the lives of Gabrielle Giffords and husband-astronaut Mark Kelly have been extraordinary.
"Ab-solutely Schocking! Rep. Aaron Schock focuses on the important issue of the day: his abs," screamed a headline Monday on the political website The Daily Caller.
IWAKI, Japan | An explosion at a nuclear power plant on Japan's devastated coast destroyed a building Saturday and made leaking radiation, or even outright meltdown, the central threat menacing a nation just beginning to grasp the scale of a catastrophic earthquake and tsunami.
Central Indiana has waited far too long for a regional mass transit system worthy of a major metropolitan area. If the breakthrough is going to happen any time soon, Indy Connect had better step it up.
WASHINGTON | We've always played with our food — even before we knew about genes or how to change them.
TAYLORVILLE, Ill. | U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says two power-plant projects that would rely on clean-coal technology are opportunities Illinois can't afford to let get away.
Follow The Times
Elaine Morris has over 25 years of experience with Allstate
Contact Pools 'n' Spas 'n' Stuff, Inc. today at 219-980-0882. …
When you are looking for a home improvement service, there ar…
by Mail-in Rebate when you purchase a set of four select Goody…
We provide U-Haul rentals along with automotive services including:
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm