HARVEY | Ingalls Memorial Hospital in Harvey is ranked in the top 5 percent of hospitals in the nation for orthopedic services, according to the American Hospital Quality Outcomes 2013: Healthgrades Report to the Nation.
LIBERTY TOWNSHIP | Porter Regional Hospital this month will host a free wellness program about hemorrhoids and another about preventing and managing osteoporosis.
From strip malls to pharmacies to freestanding buildings, medical care increasingly is being found outside traditional hospital and doctors' office settings.
CALUMET CITY | A 37-year-old Calumet City woman has been charged with concealment of a homicidal death and obstruction of justice in connection with the shooting death of her live-in boyfriend.
In the hands of a person whose brain is wired for addiction, a poker chip or credit card can be as dangerous as booze or cocaine.
Greg Ambrose of Lansing suffered a stroke, and not long after being released from the hospital, he had two more strokes. After the three strokes, the communication portion of his brain appeared to shut down.
FLOSSMOOR | Caregivers are invited to experience what life is like for those with Alzheimer's disease and dementia from 6 to 7 p.m. Sept. 6 at Ingalls Family Care Center, 19550 Governors Highway, Flossmoor.
Dr. Thomas Aquisto provides hope to cancer patients with liver tumors who have run out of options.
CHICAGO | A physician who practiced on both sides of the state line before pleading guilty to bilking insurance providers out of $13 million has agreed to a $20 million settlement to cover related civil claims, officials said Wednesday.
Over 90 percent of the approaches done on hip replacements are from the back, according to Dr. David Smith, an orthopedic surgeon on staff at the Advanced Orthopedic Institute at Ingalls Health System.
An Ingalls Health System surgeon is among the first in the area to perform a customized knee replacement surgery featuring a new system that uses a patient's MRI and X-ray images to design and build surgical instruments customized for his or her unique knee anatomy.
Follow The Times
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
Russell's Tree Care seeks to raise the standard for customer e…
replacing offer: (Robert Balash Trucking & Excavating does…
We understand a lawn isn't just grass – it's an investment. An…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am