"We are competitive."
EAST CHICAGO | Like ghosts from the past, the roar of the basic oxygen furnace at Inland Steel and the crackle of voices on walkie-talkies filled the union hall Friday as dozens of members of United Steel Workers Local 1010 listened to a 1971 radio broadcast by humorist Jean Shepherd.
A former Northwest Indiana steel industry executive was named to the advisory board of a Rhode Island-based steel materials design firm.
An interesting phenomenon lingers in the recesses of Calumet Region history regarding the accumulation of population.
SCHERERVILLE | Employees of the ArcelorMittal Machine Shop continued one of the longest running events in the industry this fall when they celebrated the department's 52nd annual retirement party.
Shining in the night: This undated photo shows the holiday lights at Inland Steel in East Chicago one year.
PastTimes page readers are the best. They like to share old photos and stories with me, so it's always a nice surprise to open my mail and e-mail. Today's Northwest Indiana Christmas memories column is the result of linking a photo, a snail-mailed calendar and my own recollections of an indu…
The Indiana Court of Appeals ruled Friday that Sargent Electric Company is not liable for an electrical problem that led to a 1998 spill of molten steel from a blast furnace at the former Inland Steel facility in East Chicago.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana Court of Appeals ruled Friday that Sargent Electric Company is not liable for an electrical problem that led to a 1998 spill of molten steel from a blast furnace at the former Inland Steel facility in East Chicago.
Follow The Times
Our desire is for you to see our beautiful new homes with floo…
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
There are several shapes and sizes of swimming pools on the ma…
Every Sunday, the buffet table holds delicious breakfast and lunch dishes for our all-you-can-eat brunch.
Held every Sunday, with seating between 11:00am and 2:00p…
At Hoosier Chiropractor, our philosophy is simple, you only pa…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am