INDIANAPOLIS | Military veterans who return or move to Indiana after completing their service are entitled to in-state college tuition under a new law signed last week by Republican Gov. Mike Pence.
VALPARAISO | A Porter County jury found a New Chicago man guilty Thursday of starting a fire inside his former girlfriend's car and intimidating her after she broke up with him.
HAMMOND | Three Griffith Middle School girls' Facebook comments about killing several classmates and teachers were not jokes, the school district said in federal court documents filed Tuesday.
MERRILLVILLE | A 64-year-old Hammond man allegedly threatened to "blow up" U.S. Rep. Pete Visclosky's Merrillville office Wednesday following a conversation about his veterans benefits.
KOUTS | About a half-dozen parents of students in the East Porter County School Corp. contend their children are being intimidated, discriminated against and bullied by a Morgan Township school administrator and coach.
EAST CHICAGO | East Chicago Mayor Anthony Copeland stood his ground against a man who pointed a gun at him on the street Thursday night, police said.
A 55-year-old Gary man allegedly fired a gun several times outdoors in his apartment complex Tuesday night while children were playing there before threatening to kill police officers, police said.
GARY | Police said a dispute over a parking spot Thursday led a man to allegedly threaten his neighbor with a pistol.
Follow The Times
We offer 24-hour emergency roofing services to Crown Point, an…
See dealer for details. (888)360-8519 www.griegermotor…
Not to be applied toward account balances or dental servi…
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am