As Michelle Obama stepped on stage with her husband in Chicago early Wednesday morning, she accepted her role not only as first lady but fashion tastemaker for four more years — this time, wearing a Michael Kors magenta silk chine pin-tucked dress.
In a dream world, we would throw out the contents of our closets every season and begin anew. We would wear only new, hip, trendy clothes—straight out of fashion magazines. After all, that’s what the stores and catalogs try to sell us: the idea that we need to completely revamp our look every year.
"Don't be silly, Mom," she said. "Please don't spend $500 for a ticket to THE WALK fundraising dinner. I'm sure I won't get the $25,000 award, just come to the dress rehearsal in the morning." So Charl Petelski and her husband Bob were watching television at home that evening when the phone rang.
Follow The Times
- 1 Region doctor, children killed in I-65 crash
- 2 Feds: Lake Station mayor gambled away campaign, food pantry cash
- 3 Babysitter admits to beating 4-year-old boy
- 4 Suburban man shot in home invasion after win at Horseshoe casino
- 5 Lake Station mayor, wife, stepdaughter plead not guilty to corruption charges
Weddings by Rev. Doug Klukken will perform your wedding to you…
We are a licensed, bonded, and insured business that has proud…
St John Pool Center is a dealer of Hayward pool products.
Welcome campers, we have the perfect firewood package deals fo…
Should school boards restrict public comment at meetings?