As Michelle Obama stepped on stage with her husband in Chicago early Wednesday morning, she accepted her role not only as first lady but fashion tastemaker for four more years — this time, wearing a Michael Kors magenta silk chine pin-tucked dress.
In a dream world, we would throw out the contents of our closets every season and begin anew. We would wear only new, hip, trendy clothes—straight out of fashion magazines. After all, that’s what the stores and catalogs try to sell us: the idea that we need to completely revamp our look every year.
"Don't be silly, Mom," she said. "Please don't spend $500 for a ticket to THE WALK fundraising dinner. I'm sure I won't get the $25,000 award, just come to the dress rehearsal in the morning." So Charl Petelski and her husband Bob were watching television at home that evening when the phone rang.
Follow The Times
The daily fee at Secret's Loving Care is $65. This covers a mo…
Our Services Include:
Roofing, siding, insulation, windows, garages, and pole barns!
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
PLH Financial is locally owned and family operated.
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 3 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am