It seems like whenever I see our Catholic leadership in the news, I'm reminded of the distinction St. Augustine made between the City of Man and the City of God.
If you're like me, you thought the Occupy Wall Street movement had about as much chance of achieving any sort of success as the Rick Santorum campaign. Arguing that 1 percent of America is wholly responsible for the recession is a narrow and simplistic explanation for a large and complex pro…
Indiana state Sen. Dennis Kruse, R-Auburn, recently proposed Senate Bill 89, which aims to give Indiana schools the right to require that alternative theories of the origin of life -- and Kruse specifically adds "including creation science" [sic] in apposition -- be taught alongside evolutio…
One of the major events overshadowed by the din of Occupy Wall Street and the world's persistent economic woes is the growth of the human race to 7 billion people on Oct. 31.
Over the past few years, a growing number of experts have speculated that higher education might be the next economic bubble. As with the recent housing bubble, these pesky market maladies are characterized by widespread confidence and investment in something that does not always pay off.
Jacob Homan, of Whiting, is a graduate student at the University of Chicago.
Follow The Times
Call Bob for all your Building Preparation and Excavating need…
When it comes to remodeling homes in Crown Point, “universal d…
When you come to Feikema Plumbing & Sanitation, you will r…
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm