INDIANAPOLIS | Hoosier elementary school students may soon find themselves literally minding their P's and Q's after the Indiana Senate voted 36-13 Tuesday to mandate cursive writing instruction.
INDIANAPOLIS | Local schools would lose their freedom to decide whether to teach cursive writing under legislation heard Wednesday by an Indiana Senate committee.
INDIANAPOLIS | Indiana is on the verge of banning smoking in most indoor public spaces after the Senate voted 28-22 Friday to send a House-approved smoking ban to the governor.
INDIANAPOLIS | A House-approved proposal for a statewide smoking ban looks to be in for a wild ride Tuesday when the Republican-controlled Senate considers up to 28 amendments to the legislation.
Follow The Times
10% off when you mention this ad.
Passionate and professional pet boarding and grooming
Exp. 6/30/13. 219-738-2323
Bluebonnet, Organic Valley, Solaray and more. (219) 661-0915 …
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am