Last year, for the first time in decades, East Chicagoans were able to vote for their representatives on the School Board. In the November election, voters rejected two of the three members of that School Board -- members appointed by the current mayor.
Jesse Gomez is president of the East Chicago School Board.
EAST CHICAGO | The nine members of the city's first popularly elected School Board stood arm in arm Saturday onstage at the East Chicago Central High School auditorium after being sworn in to confront one of the most challenging jobs in the state.
EAST CHICAGO | A recent governor's pardon has put former City Councilman Jesse Gomez into a position to run for the city's first elected school board this fall.
Follow The Times
Elaine Morris has over 25 years of experience with Allstate
Bob’s Custom Cycle Shop specializes in older Harley Bikes! Bri…
As an industry leader in commercial and residential plumbing, …
You create your own combination of delicious, soft-serve prem…
Let us keep you safe. (888) 430-7119 www.frankiesauto…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm