When USW District 7 Director Jim Robinson railed about pay disparities last month, he was talking about the private sector. If he thinks that system is broken, he should see what's happening in the public sector.
In its 70 years of existence, the United Steelworkers union has battled through economic collapses, social struggles and internal political bickering.
At least three United Steelworkers union locals representing steel industry workers in Northwest Indiana will have new leadership starting a three-year term this month.
INDIANAPOLIS | House Democrats have ended their three-day boycott of Indiana House sessions. Democrats were present on the House floor at 12:30 p.m. region time Monday and answered the attendance roll call for the first time since the 2012 legislative session began.
INDIANAPOLIS | Hundreds of Northwest Indiana union workers will be at the Statehouse on Tuesday hoping to speak with state lawmakers as they convene for the ceremonial first day of the legislative session, known as Organization Day.
Labor sector in the last three months/next three months
Follow The Times
Let us keep you safe. (888) 430-7119 www.frankiesauto…
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
Jack & Vernon's Septic Service is here to help you out! We…
Make your lawn healthier and look better with these and other …
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm