CHICAGO | Tenth Ward Alderman John Pope is endorsing the congressional campaign of former state Rep. Robin Kelly over that of his City Council colleague Anthony Beale in Tuesday’s special Democratic primary election.
CHICAGO | Environmental activists and some local officials were upset Saturday with a Cook County judge’s ruling in favor of a disposal company that wants to expand use of a landfill at the far southern edge of the city.
CHICAGO | More than two dozen residents — most in opposition — turned out Wednesday at a meeting on a request by Pete's Fresh Market to sell alcoholic beverages in the East Side supermarket.
CHICAGO | Officials with a coal gasification plant being proposed for construction in the city's East Side neighborhood tried Wednesday to convince residents of the benefits they would derive from cheaper natural gas and creation of jobs in their community.
CHICAGO | Some 10,000 workers once clocked in each day at the old U.S. Steel mill near the South Chicago neighborhood. Concert promoters and local leaders hope a three-day summer music festival -- headlined by the Dave Matthews Band -- will attract thousands of fans, and maybe some investors.
CHICAGO | Depending on whom you ask, planning for the reconfiguration of the intersection at 130th Street and Torrence Avenue has been ongoing for the past three to four decades.
Follow The Times
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
When your pool is complete, we will teach you how to run all y…
Lawn Doctor’s Pest Control Services Help Eliminate:
Our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday lif…
Includes: Dental Exam, Bitewing X-ray, Check-up X-ray, Oral Ca…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am