Judicial Nominating Commission
What is it with some judges when they put on the robe? It’s as if they just graduated from the University of Omnipotence.
Lake County's judicial selection process is a model the rest of the state should follow. It is shameful that some of Lake County's judges are attempting to circumvent it.
That wonderful Lake Superior Court system the late Adam Benjamin created in the 1970s has a flaw. And it’s a big one. A gaping hole, if you will.
CROWN POINT | One of about a dozen Lake Superior Court judges will be first in line to take over a juvenile court system any politician would consider one of the sweetest plums in Lake County's patronage empire.
Taking the selection of judges in Lake County out of the hands of voters has not always guaranteed the removal of politics from the process.
The proposal to have all Lake County judges be chosen under the merit selection system is moving through the General Assembly, as well it should.
Follow The Times
We use top quality siding materials that will beautify and pro…
We have remodeled more than 15,000 local homes since 1969. J &…
Our expertise can definitely help you. 219-932-5818
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am