One myth consistently put forward when discussing the merits of an appointed versus elected school board is that an elected board would introduce politics into the educational process. It is not a question of politics, but more a question of accountability.
For years I've said taxing bodies have income alternatives besides raising taxes or tacking on a plethora of user fees, but does anybody listen to me? Not if they're smart, they don't.
Follow The Times
Basic grooming is available for your pet. Prices are based on …
We are always accepting new clients and patients, and our doctor visits are always walk-in (no appointment necessary).
At Hoosier Chiropractor, our philosophy is simple, you only pa…
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 3 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Indiana conduct a study of library operations?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am