Susan’s husband once threw her into a wall. Another time he pounded on (and dented) the roof of their car while she locked herself in the vehicle for her safety. On countless other occasions he broke phones, computers and other objects. He emotionally and mentally abused and intimidated her …
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The special color for domestic violence is a sobering purple.
Kelly Vates is executive director of The Fair Haven Center for Women in Highland.
Follow The Times
Access A Plumber 24/7 is locally owned and operated with more …
FOR 10K-14K-18K PLATINUM Call 924-3555
Call 219 934 0750 for Details.
With ideal weather conditions, the new swimming pool construct…
Make sure everything is properly working before you invite you…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am