Kernan Shepard Report
INDIANAPOLIS | State lawmakers are expected to study the structure of Indiana county government this summer with an eye toward establishing a single county executive.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana House wants to take another look at county government reforms recommended by the 2007 Kernan-Shepard Report on streamlining local government.
Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. has been pushing for a merger between the Hammond Public Library and the Lake County Public Library system. While we're not saying no, it's a complicated issue that merits a thorough examination.
INDIANAPOLIS | The effort to reform local government in Indiana, prompted in part by a 2007 bipartisan report that recommended eliminating townships and making other changes, appears headed for the dustbin of history.
Having jettisoned the Hammond Health Department a few years ago to cut costs, Hammond Mayor Thomas McDermott Jr. wants the city's library system to merge with the Lake County Public Library system.
INDIANAPOLIS | Starting next year local government employees will no longer be permitted to serve as elected officials of the governments they work for.
INDIANAPOLIS | Gov. Mitch Daniels will get to sign into law one of his top legislative priorities after the Republican-controlled House voted 62-19 Tuesday to ban conflicts of interest and nepotism in local government.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Republican-controlled state Senate voted 39-11 on Monday to limit nepotism and conflicts of interest in local government employment.
A number of Gary residents are concerned about plans to turn Gary's main library into a cultural center. It's not as good as a library that circulates materials, but at least resources still would be available for public inspection while at the cultural center.
Follow The Times
We use top quality siding materials that will beautify and pro…
We have remodeled more than 15,000 local homes since 1969. J &…
Our expertise can definitely help you. 219-932-5818
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am