The Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority has been such a strong force for economic development that it is easy to forget it has been in existence just seven years.
Canadian National Railway Co. is scaling back its Kirk Yard project in Gary by keeping a major locomotive repair facility in Illinois, while moving ahead with $141 million in other investments at Kirk Yard.
INDIANAPOLIS | The state's economic development agency this year attracted 219 companies promising 19,080 new jobs and $2.7 billion in capital investment.
"An era of greater opportunity has begun" for Northwest Indiana communities willing to seize it, Gov. Mitch Daniels told 320 people at a Munster Chamber of Commerce event. But corruption in local government remains a barrier, he said.
MUNSTER | Gov. Mitch Daniels told 320 people Tuesday afternoon at a Munster Chamber of Commerce event that "an era of greater opportunity has begun" for Northwest Indiana communities willing to seize it.
Canadian National Railway Co. plans to shift part of its operations to Gary, which would bring up to 251 new jobs in Northwest Indiana by 2015. CN plans to invest $165 million to redevelop the existing Kirk Yard rail facility.
Canadian National Railway Co. plans to shift part of its operations to Gary from Markham Yard in Homewood, which would bring up to 251 new jobs in Northwest Indiana by 2015.
Company and local officials on Wednesday said Canadian National Railway Co.'s move to invest $165 million in Gary's Kirk Yard will improve the efficiency of moving freight traffic through the congested Chicago area.
Follow The Times
Traditional or Non-Traditional we will Baptize you or your child!
Paper Product Sale! Packs of notepads for $6.99! Get a case of paper for ONLY $24.95 with your office supply order of $100 or more!
For details call or visit us online! 800-837-1400 / www.…
Contact J & J Remodeling today at 219-769-3239 or 219-663-…
Call Stevenson & Fairchild OMS at (219) 462-9599 Valparais…
Call McMahon & Associates Certified Public Accountants, P.…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm