Until this winter, I'd never heard of bumper cars on a skating rink. And it wasn't until recently that I had my first chance to carve turns down a ski hill on a snowbike.
Jeff Faje, Mike Kory, Rose Kory and Mikey Devereaux fly kites Saturday as part of a demonstration at the Spring Out to Sunset festival at Sunset Hill Farm County Park in Valparaiso. The four are among almost 50 active members of the Illinois Kite Enthusiasts. They have been flying kites toge…
Lilliy Nestler, 10, of Valparaiso, shops for kites Saturday morning with the help of booth operator Patricia Majot at the Spring Out to Sunset festival at Sunset Hill Farm County Park in Valparaiso. Majot and her husband, Joel, own Windsongs, a kite and flag store in Michigan City.
Follow The Times
10% off when you mention this ad.
Call 322-2700 or 769-1976 for more details. www.albertsjewelers.com
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am