BURNS HARBOR | Union members continued to press ArcelorMittal on Wednesday to bargain fairly with negotiators and withdraw contract proposals they say will threaten the futures of employees and retirees.
United Steelworkers Local 1010 is holding an informational picket Monday near the main office of ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor Flat Carbon in East Chicago.
CALUMET CITY | City officials met in private Tuesday to plot strategy of sorts for dealing with a labor arbitrator who may wind up resolving a dispute about a new contract with firefighters.
The month of August is the home stretch for United States Steel Corp. and ArcelorMittal USA to forge new contract agreements with the United Steelworkers.
Negotiators from the United Steelworkers and the lead company bargaining on behalf of oil refiners reached a tentative agreement Tuesday on a new three-year labor contract.
Follow The Times
Our Services Include:
The NWI Times undercover shopper reports on local gold buying …
Pete Doherty is an accomplished scenic photographer!
Our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday lif…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm