INDIANAPOLIS | Hoosiers soon may be forced to pay a "convenience fee" when using a credit or debit card to pay municipal or utility charges under a new law signed by Republican Gov. Mike Pence.
INDIANAPOLIS | Led by state Sen. Earline Rogers, D-Gary, the Indiana Senate last week voted to maintain a requirement schools publish their annual financial reports in widely read newspapers instead of on poorly trafficked websites.
The NHL said Thursday that it has canceled the hockey season through Oct. 24, a total of 82 games, because of the ongoing lockout.
NEW YORK | What seemed inevitable for the NHL has now become reality. The league canceled the first two weeks of the regular season on Thursday, the second time games have been lost because of a lockout in seven years.
NEW YORK | The replacement officials are gone and the NFL is sorry it took so long. Now fans can go back to complaining about the calls made by the regular refs.
CHICAGO | Teachers agreed Tuesday to return to the classroom after more than a week on the picket lines in Chicago, ending a combative stalemate with Mayor Rahm Emanuel over evaluations and job security, two issues at the heart of efforts to reform the nation's public schools.
The United Steelworkers negotiating committee on Friday put out a notice for members at ArcelorMittal that it has not reached agreement on a new contract with the steelmaker but is not calling for a strike at this time.
CHICAGO | NHL players are getting a better grasp on the issues at hand as the union braces for negotiations with owners on a new collective bargaining agreement.
LANSING | Village officials are likely this month to give their approval to a contract extension that will give firefighters a slight raise during the next two years.
Follow The Times
Call today for details! 219-763-4247
Established in 1997, Forest Ridge Family Dentistry is a genera…
Serving the Merrillville area for many years makes Good Guys Collision your first choice in Automotive Repair.
Our Complete Auto Body Service Includes:
Has a pipe burst under your sink, making a mess of your kitch…
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 4 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
- 5 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm