CHICAGO HEIGHTS | A two-month picket by Teamsters members of the Thorn Creek Basin Sanitary District will come to an end this week.
HAMMOND | A Gary woman is accused in Hammond federal court of embezzling an undisclosed amount of funds from a region labor union, a federal indictment unsealed Tuesday shows.
INDIANAPOLIS | The procedures the Indiana Department of Labor will follow to investigate complaints under the state's right-to-work law take effect Wednesday.
HOBART | Executives and employees of the region's construction contracting and engineering firms gathered Thursday to honor the industry's top performers in safety and project excellence.
Members of United Steelworkers Local 7-1 ratified a new three-year agreement earlier this month, according to an official from the union's district office.
INDIANAPOLIS | It appears the battle will continue next week. After House Speaker Brian Bosma, R-Indianapolis, adjourned the session until Monday, labor supporters on Thursday cheered the actions of House Democrats and said they were committed to continuing protests at the Statehouse.
INDIANAPOLIS | Hobart Mayor Brian Snedecor said he had a "constructive dialogue" with Republican House Speaker Brian Bosma on Thursday and plans to return to the Statehouse to talk with him about bills affecting labor, education and taxation.
INDIANAPOLIS | The chants were louder and the mood more jubilant among thousands of protesters Wednesday at the Statehouse.
INDIANAPOLIS | Members of the labor groups from around the state cheered Indiana House Democrats for not showing up to work Tuesday to vote on the right-to-work bill to keep it from being brought to the floor for a vote.
I read with interest Kevin Brinegar's attack on labor union security clauses he labels "right to work." Keep in mind Kevin is president of a union of Indiana corporations and businesses, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. In his mind his union, which pushes for easy profits for his corporate m…
Follow The Times
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
When you join our energy saver program, you save 15% off parts…
By appointment only!
Get a FREE Honeywell Humidifier with the purchase of any new H…
Davis Concrete Correctors is a locally owned and family operat…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm