Lake Hills Fire Department
Schererville firefighter Christine Graf received state recognition recently when she received the Achievement of Excellence Award in Indianapolis, presented by the state Operation Lifesaver Program and CN Railroad.
SCHERERVILLE | The Lake Hills Fire Department and two of its firefighters received state recognition at the annual Operation Lifesaver Awards Banquet held recently in Indianapolis.
ST. JOHN TOWNSHIP | The Lake Hills Fire Department is now charging for ambulance service for both township residents and nonresidents, Assistant Fire Chief Steve Flores said.
ST. JOHN TOWNSHIP | Nature provided plenty of cold water, bitter wind chills and light snow for Tuesday night’s live cold water rescue drill by the Lake Hills Fire Department at the Hyles Anderson College lake.
ST. JOHN TOWNSHIP | Fire destroyed a home in the 7200 block of West 93rd Avenue late Monday, and killed one of the family’s cats.
DYER | Officials from Tri-Town and surrounding communities are discussing the pros and cons of creating a fire territory.
GRIFFITH | What started as a plan by Canadian National Railway police to decorate the hospital room of a train-loving 3-year-old patient quickly gained steam.
SCHERERVILLE | A garage fire in the 10300 block of West 85th Avenue Tuesday night has been ruled arson, officials said.
SCHERERVILLE | Lake Hills Fire Department is accepting applications for volunteer firefighters through Nov. 15.
ST. JOHN | A fire contained to one unit in a four-unit townhouse complex appears to have started in a clothes dryer, Fire Chief Fred Willman said.
Follow The Times
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Lawn Doctor’s Pest Control Services Help Eliminate:
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
Not to be applied toward account balances or dental servi…
DeYoung's Design Center
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 3 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am