Lake Michigan Water Trail
Last year, a couple of young women truly defined the word "intrepid." Best friends Amy Lukas and Mary Catterlin set out on a “dugout,” or handmade canoe from a cottonwood tree, and sailed the perimeter of Lake Michigan. Their entire journey covered 1,200 miles of the 1,638 miles of coastline…
We use water to sustain our bodies, cook and grow our food. We use it to wash everything from clothes to toes, cars to decks. We use it to float goods to us from faraway places, and to carry away waste products. We swim, paddle and play in it.
Last year was a very good year environmentally for Northwest Indiana. Not the opening line you expected? Let's take a trip down memory lane.
PORTAGE | Saturday wasn't the first time Beverly Serrell had paddled her kayak along the southernmost shore of Lake Michigan.
PORTAGE | Chesterton resident Gina Darnell spent a lot of time paddling around on Lake Michigan while growing up in Beverly Shores.
Follow The Times
- 1 Region doctor, children killed in I-65 crash
- 2 Feds: Lake Station mayor gambled away campaign, food pantry cash
- 3 Babysitter admits to beating 4-year-old boy
- 4 Suburban man shot in home invasion after win at Horseshoe casino
- 5 Lake Station mayor, wife, stepdaughter plead not guilty to corruption charges
Weddings by Rev. Doug Klukken will perform your wedding to you…
If you are facing difficulty meeting your personal obligations…
Hammond Fence represents honesty, integrity and competitive pricing!
Should Indiana switch to open primary elections?