Lakeshore Public Radio
INDIANAPOLIS | Gov. Mike Pence will give his first State of the State address to a joint session of the Indiana General Assembly at 6 p.m. region time Tuesday.
The new chief of Lakeshore Public Television and Radio will have to manage in an evolving technological landscape for broadcast media and continue to grow the stations' reach and revenue, according to members of the stations' board of directors.
Lakeshore Public Television and Radio will soon establish a national search for a new leader following the resignation of President and CEO Thomas Carroll.
Lake County Solid Waste Management District Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Lake County Government Complex in Crown Point to discuss the future of the 1,247-day-old trash-to-ethanol contract, The Times provides a look at the time and some of the events that have come to pass.A timeline…
INDIANAPOLIS | U.S. Sen. Dick Lugar and state Treasurer Richard Mourdock will meet Wednesday for their only debate prior to the May 8 primary election.
Hear Bill Dolan, The Times' Lake County government reporter, talk politics at 11:30 a.m. Monday on WLPR, Lakeshore Public Radio, 89.1 FM.
Champions and opponents of Lake County's trash-to-ethanol proposal expressed a lack of confidence Wednesday in the ability of a purported hedge fund manager to finance the controversial project.
Hear Times investigative reporter Marc Chase discuss the problems connected with getting a garbage-to-ethanol plant built in the town of Schneider at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday on Lakeshore Public Radio, WLPR 89.1 FM.
We've been waiting a long time for word from Earl Powers on how the proposed trash-to-ethanol plant is to be financed. Even though no official announcement has come, it appears the financing is a high-risk venture as well.
Follow The Times
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
When you join our energy saver program, you save 15% off parts…
By appointment only!
Get a FREE Honeywell Humidifier with the purchase of any new H…
Davis Concrete Correctors is a locally owned and family operat…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm