In the 1830s, Chicago, though still a village, had aspirations not only to become a city, but one with glorious parks as well.
HOBART | Recreational development in the Hobart Marsh area was one component of a three-day planning session last week.
The house is utilitarian, not fancy. Concrete block and boxy, circa 1960, on a lovely plot of dune grass between the main road that winds through our Bridgman beach community and a deep, woodsy ravine.
In space, comes grace. The old Scottish proverb holds true for landscape architects, who design and plan outdoor spaces for private or public use. But the concept is sometimes a little hard for the average person to grasp.
Follow The Times
Our Services Include:
Check our warehouse for carpet & vinyl remnants 50% off (Great for Dorm Rooms!). Custom Sized Area Rugs & Runners can be bound to fit your space.
219-462-8026 New stock of remnants arriving now!
Visit our website at: www.bednarauctions.com
Tent Sale thru June 20! Save big on clearance items storewide. 100% of our sales on specifically marked items will go to Caring Designs!
Geothermal heating and cooling systems use 40-60% less energy than conventional systems. Learn more about what it might save you today!
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am