HAMMOND | Indiana State First Lego League Tournament competition was held Dec. 8 in Fort Wayne, where three Hammond elementary school teams and a Highland elementary school team competed with 49 other teams from across Indiana.
Parents who hope to expose their children to different kinds of play, like science sets for girls and dolls for boys, for example, can find themselves stymied by a toy industry that can seem stuck in the past when it comes to gender roles.
As summer winds down, there is still plenty to enjoy outdoors in Crown Point. For the month of September, the weekly Car Cruise returns to the downtown square from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday evenings.
CRETE | The Crete Public Library held Library Legos on July 12 with master builder Beth Weis.
GARY | Thirty-one teams will compete for one of eight spots in the Indiana Championship Tournament when Indiana University Northwest hosts the fifth annual FIRST Lego League Indiana Qualifying Tournament, the state's third largest, Sunday in Savannah Gymnasium.
MUNSTER | Five Munster FIRST Lego League robotics teams are revving up for the fourth annual Indiana FIRST Lego League Qualifying Tournament, which will be Nov. 21 in the Savannah Center gym at the Indiana University Northwest, Gary.
HOBART | There's a new team in town that doesn't have anything to do with touchdowns or baskets. They play a sport for the mind, using science, mathematics, technology and lots of imagination to solve real world problems in the spirit of friendly, gracious competitive events.
Children in kindergarten through grade 5 who are interested in cheerleading can attend the Crown Point High School Cheerleading Camp hosted by the current squad from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Nov. 10 through 12 in the CPHS field house. Participants will learn cheers, jumps, motions and dance. On Nov. 1…
Follow The Times
Tiny Tiger classes are for ages 4-7.
Exp. 6/30/13. 219-738-2323
NITCO broadband runs on a dedicated line so you will not have …
Stop in to our showroom today and save 30%-50%-70% Off during …
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 3 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am