Lemon Lake County Park
CEDAR LAKE | When Barrett White made the transition to disc golf from ultimate Frisbee -- or make that "ultimate" as the sport is now called to avoid trademark infraction -- you would think she'd adopted a less stressful endeavor.
CEDAR LAKE | If Tiger Woods were a disc golfer, his name would be more par with his sport.
CROWN POINT | The Compassionate Friends offers friendship and understanding to families that have experienced the death of a child of any age and from any cause.
Above-freezing temperatures didn't hamper the annual Frozen Tundra Doubles disc golf tournament held Feb. 19 at Lemon Lake County Park.
CEDAR LAKE | Many people like to go out for pizza.
CROWN POINT | "Our angels are bowling!" said The Compassionate Friends Lake-Porter County Chapter Leader Carol Castaneda, keeping a positive outlook as a morning thunderstorm had some walkers questioning whether last month's Walk to Remember would take place.
CROWN POINT | Fleet Feet Sports, Schererville, in partnership with T & H Timing, is sponsoring a cross country 5K and 10K running event through the trails of Lemon Lake County Park with proceeds benefiting Cedar Lake Boys & Girls Club, part of Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana.
CROWN POINT | Lake-Porter County Chapter of The Compassionate Friends is expecting more than 300 participants at its annual Walk to Remember and Butterfly Release at noon July 24 at Lemon Lake County Park, 6322 W. 133rd Ave. Following the walk, butterflies will be released by families in mem…
CROWN POINT | Third annual Friends of the Poor Walk will be held Sept. 25 at Lemon Lake County Park, 6322 W. 133rd Ave. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. and the walk starts at 11. A rain date of Sept. 26 has also been designated.
CROWN POINT | Sure, he made some big putts down the stretch.
Follow The Times
Welcome campers, we have the perfect firewood package deals fo…
Indiana Furniture Showcase 219.465.0545 www.indiana-furniture.com
If you mention this ad, you'll receive 20% off!
Call Jelly Bean the Clown to bring the fun, games, and smiles to your next event in Northwest Indiana
Jelly Bean the Clown has been clowning since 1977 and has an e…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm