The Indiana NAACP Environmental Climate Justice Program advocates sustainability of our communities. We support energy production that is environmentally and economically cognizant. At the same time, we guard against energy projects that threaten Indiana’s communities, economy and job creati…
CHICAGO | An environmental group that opposes a coal-to-gas plant being built in the East Side neighborhood was upset Friday that the Illinois General Assembly approved a bill that allows the project to proceed.
State regulators Tuesday approved construction of a coal gasification plant and a 30-year contract for a state agency to buy its output, a move that could raise utility bills for NIPSCO and other utility customers across the state.
CHICAGO | About 85 environmental activists and Southeast Side residents concerned about potential pollution from a proposed coal gasification plant compared themselves Saturday to labor union organizers killed during a 1937 protest.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn leaves an old steel plant site near 116th and Avenue O on Wednesday in Chicago. After a bill signing there, Quinn said he won't be bullied into accepting an Illinois casino expansion bill in its current form.
Chicago 10th Ward Alderman John Pope, right, greets Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn on Wednesday at the old LTV steel works on the South Side for the signing of Senate Bill 1533.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn holds up Senate Bill 1533 after signing it into law Wednesday morning on Chicago's South Side. The Chicago Clean Energy project will bring a green technology gasification plant to the area.
Artist renditions of new plant to be located near 116th and Avenue O in Chicago.
Follow The Times
Let us keep you safe. (888) 430-7119 www.frankiesauto…
Click our coupon to print!
Davis Concrete Correctors is a locally owned and family operat…
Currently in stock and ready to be sold: •1979 Harley FLH •198…
Elaine Morris has over 25 years of experience with Allstate
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm