INDIANAPOLIS | A House-Senate conference committee, made up mostly of Northwest Indiana lawmakers, remained far apart Tuesday following more than an hour of discussion on whether the General Assembly should lift the Lake County property tax levy freeze.
INDIANAPOLIS | Northwest Indiana's newest state representatives, both Lake County Republicans, took their oaths of office Tuesday as the Indiana General Assembly convened for its annual one-day organizational meeting.
INDIANAPOLIS | Two Republicans and three Democrats are running in separate primaries May 8 for a chance to represent the newly drawn 11th House District that includes the southern thirds of Lake and Porter counties.
INDIANAPOLIS | County income tax rates, including Lake County's status as the only Indiana county without an income tax, appear likely to remain unchanged from 2010 rates.
Follow The Times
Kovenz Memorial currently offers QR codes for placement on you…
A fun way to celebrate a special occasion… Each greeting consi…
Winey Insurance is an independent insurance agency established…
at Brad's Designs and Jewelry! 219-663-5801.
Davis Concrete Correctors is a locally owned and family operat…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
In Today's Paper
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm