Local Income Tax
INDIANAPOLIS | A House-Senate conference committee, made up mostly of Northwest Indiana lawmakers, remained far apart Tuesday following more than an hour of discussion on whether the General Assembly should lift the Lake County property tax levy freeze.
INDIANAPOLIS | State lawmakers have decided for now to leave the debate over a Lake County income tax to the County Council, but plans for Gary airport board reforms and studies of a Steel City port and trauma hospital are in danger following a contentious House committee hearing.
INDIANAPOLIS | Legislation intended to entice the Lake County Council to finally enact an income tax is likely to be approved next week by the House Ways and Means Committee, but it's not yet clear what might be in it.
INDIANAPOLIS | A measure expected to be signed into law by Gov. Mike Pence should end a dispute between the Porter County Council and the county commissioners over who has the authority to spend local income tax revenue.
INDIANAPOLIS | If Lake County leaders want a local income tax rate higher than the 1 percent maximum under consideration by the Indiana General Assembly, they should enact one.
INDIANAPOLIS | A state budget think tank is urging Indiana lawmakers to consider streamlining and simplifying local income taxes.
Follow The Times
$3 off- Buy one meal and get $3 off the purchase of a second m…
Kempo Jujutsu Martial Arts Academy is not just another martial…
Custom home builder with the ability to build any floor plan in our collection to your lifestyle or work with a plan you might already have and love.
219-405-8018 / www.crusaderhomes.com
Does your family have a birthday coming up?
When you trust your home or business painting needs to Custom …
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 4 Hammond man killed at party early Sunday
- 5 Merrillville woman allegedly stole money from resident with dementia
Do you cooperate with colleagues across the state line when working on a major regional project?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm