MERRILLVILLE | South Shore Clean Cities is among a consortium of alternative-fuel groups from Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin awarded a $764,266 grant aimed at overcoming barriers to expanding alt-fuel vehicles in the Great Lakes.
Clean Cities is a U.S. Department of Energy partnership with industry designed to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector. It advances the use of alternative fuels and vehicles, idle reduction technologies, hybrid electric vehicles, fuel blends and fuel economy.
Follow The Times
Join our new class Tiny Tigers (children ages 4-7), Mondays an…
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
When you trust your home or business painting needs to Custom …
Serving All North West Indiana.
- 1 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 2 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm