INDIANAPOLIS | U.S. Sen Dick Lugar, R-Ind., has asked a judge to overturn a Marion County Election Board ruling that Lugar and his wife are not Indiana residents and thus are ineligible to vote in the state.
Now that Charlie White has been sentenced to home detention — irony of ironies — the focus is on the state's Supreme Court to decide who should be his permanent replacement.
INDIANAPOLIS | Secretary of State Charlie White will remain in office while appellate courts review a judge's ruling declaring the Republican was ineligible to run in 2010.
Marion County Judge Louis Rosenberg agreed Wednesday to delay his order that Secretary of State Charlie White be removed from office until an appellate court reviews his decision.
INDIANAPOLIS | A Marion County judge appears likely to put a hold on his order that Republican Secretary of State Charlie White be removed from office and replaced by Democrat Vop Osili.
Marion County Circuit Court Judge Louis Rosenberg's ruling could finally end the circus involving the Indiana secretary of state's office.
INDIANAPOLIS | A Marion County judge has ruled Republican Charlie White was ineligible to run for Indiana secretary of state in 2010 and ordered the Indiana Recount Commission to certify Democrat Vop Osili as the winner.
During his campaign for Indiana secretary of state, Republican Charlie White was dogged by accusations he committed voter fraud by lying about his address on a voter registration form. The voters elected him anyway. In doing so, they set up a sticky legal mess.
Follow The Times
Spend less time cleaning!
A fun way to celebrate a special occasion… Each greeting consi…
We do full body off, “rotisserie” restorations to NCRS specifi…
Flood Damage To Your basement? Call Perfect Solutions Home Improvement Now for a FREE Repair Estimate!!
When you are looking for a home improvement service, there ar…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 3 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm