HAMMOND | The sentencing hearing for former Gary Councilwoman Marilyn Krusas has been rescheduled for Aug. 21, federal court records show.
Gary Councilwoman Marilyn Krusas agreed Monday to plead guilty to tax evasion, federal court records show.
An East Chicago public official faces a police internal affairs investigation, and council members from Hammond and Gary face possible removal from office in the wake of federal indictments announced this week.
So many public corruption indictments have been handed down against public officials in Lake County over the years that voters run the danger of expecting local government officials to be corrupt. That should prompt action by good, decent, honest officials to shore up the public's trust.
HAMMOND | If Indiana's U.S. attorneys lag behind their nationwide colleagues in generating public corruption cases, as recently published federal statistics show, it wasn't apparent Thursday.
One year after Gary agreed to give a Las Vegas group hundreds of acres of city property, even organizers admit little has been done. "As far as we're concerned, nothing has happened," said Councilwoman Marilyn Krusas.
Follow The Times
We come to you. No need to carry your computer to a repair facility!
Fast-teks’ highly trained staff provides professional, high-qu…
Elaine Morris has over 25 years of experience with Allstate
We will bring your carpet back to life.
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
- 4 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 5 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
Should the county surveyor be elected or appointed?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm