Martin Luther King Bridge
The Indiana Department of Transportation has settled its lawsuit over the failure of the Martin Luther King Drive Bridge, which crosses the Borman Expressway in Gary.
GARY | Demolition work on a bridge will force some lane restrictions along a stretch of Interstate 80/94 in Gary beginning next week, the Indiana Department of Transportation said.
Demolition of the Martin Luther King Bridge in Gary will now take place in the spring, according to the Indiana Department of Transportation.
The Indiana Department of Transportation is considering delaying the demolition of the Martin Luther King Bridge until spring after previously stating work would start Oct. 10.
Demolition of the Martin Luther King Bridge in Gary over the Borman Expressway is scheduled to begin Oct. 10, a spokesman for the Indiana Department of Transportation said early Friday.
The Indiana Department of Transportation is hoping the third time is the charm now that it has again opened bids for building a new Martin Luther King Bridge in Gary.
The almost decadelong Borman expansion project is driving toward the finish line, with the Indiana Department of Transportation planning to remove all lane restrictions Aug. 20, opening four lanes to traffic in both directions.
In this little corner of Indiana, with rivers, railroad tracks and other obstructions, bridges are the arteries through which the lifeblood of commerce travels.
INDIANAPOLIS | The state's transportation agency wants the Gary construction company that built the now-closed Martin Luther King Drive Bridge over the Borman Expressway to pay to demolish and replace the cracked structure.
GARY | The Indiana Department of Transportation is awaiting suggestions from Superior Construction on how to fix the Martin Luther King Drive bridge.
All bids for replacing the Martin Luther King Drive bridge in Gary have been rejected after coming in above engineer estimates, INDOT spokesman Jim Pinkerton said.
Follow The Times
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
Russell's Tree Care seeks to raise the standard for customer e…
replacing offer: (Robert Balash Trucking & Excavating does…
We understand a lawn isn't just grass – it's an investment. An…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am