Michael Hicks is an economics professor at Ball State University and director of the Center for Business and Economic Research in the university's Miller College of Business.
For too many places in our state, the long-term prospects for economic growth are poor. For at least a third of Indiana's counties, the long-term effect of this economic decline is a whole lot worse than any recession. In fact, just about one in six Hoosiers live in counties whose population…
On Super Tuesday, I said hello to Romney on behalf of everyone in Northwest Indiana and the South Suburbs. OK, so it wasn't presidential candidate Mitt Romney. It was the tiny town of Romney, Ind., and I didn't even stop.
This Ball State University analysis of the effects of state right-to-work laws on manufacturing finds Indiana is not likely to see any benefit from enacting a right-to-work law.
INDIANAPOLIS | An Indiana right-to-work law is not likely to increase the number of manufacturing jobs in the state, according to a new study by Ball State University.
An Indiana right-to-work law is not likely to increase the number of manufacturing jobs in the state, according to a new study by Ball State University.
Follow The Times
When a fire occurs, damages are bound to follow. Let us make t…
When you are looking for a home improvement service, there ar…
Hair Ego is now taking appointments for a free makeover consul…
Call or stop in today. 219-865-2300
Our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday lif…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Police investigating shooting outside North Hammond Walmart
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm