Fashion designers sometimes get to wear their hearts on their sleeves, making their personal connection to charitable causes part of their public lives.
Every year fashion offers up the good, the bad and the ugly. But what the industry is really built on, and consumers respond to, is buzz.
Emerald is no longer green with envy. The rich, vibrant shade is Pantone LLC's Color of the Year for 2013, beating out all the other shades of the rainbow.
As Michelle Obama stepped on stage with her husband in Chicago early Wednesday morning, she accepted her role not only as first lady but fashion tastemaker for four more years — this time, wearing a Michael Kors magenta silk chine pin-tucked dress.
In a dream world, we would throw out the contents of our closets every season and begin anew. We would wear only new, hip, trendy clothes—straight out of fashion magazines. After all, that’s what the stores and catalogs try to sell us: the idea that we need to completely revamp our look every year.
To those of us not attending the highly touted, uber-produced fashion shows in New York, Paris, London or Milan, the concept of a designated Fashion Week feels remote. It is easy to wonder: Do the current designs by Balenciaga or Valentino or Calvin Klein have anything to do with our everyda…
Follow The Times
Visit MJ Polish Deli’s Virtual Store-Order Online Today!
For all your sump pump and sewer service needs, contact
No one wants dandelions, weeds or any type of pest taking over…
We have remodeled more than 15,000 local homes since 1969. J &…
The Free Spirit Church and Wedding Chapel is located in downto…
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 3 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am