Scientists at a local laboratory say a new piece of technology there can identify bacteria a day earlier than traditional methods.
HAMMOND | A Hammond laboratory has been designated a Siemens Microbiology Innovation Center and will serve as a reference site for other labs interested in what Siemens offers in microbiology testing.
We don't often think of bacteria as a good thing, especially in our bodies. Antibacterial soaps fill drugstore shelves, and antibiotics treat countless diseases. But now, a new kind of "good" bacteria is taking up shelf space in the same stores as hand sanitizers.
HAMMOND | Students in Jeff Hayden's microbiology class discovered a practical application for what they've learned in the classroom when they toured Alverno Clinical Laboratories in Hammond.
BOSTON | An infectious-disease nightmare is unfolding: Bacteria that have been made resistant to nearly all antibiotics by an alarming new gene have sickened people in three states and are popping up all over the world, health officials reported Monday.
LOS ANGELES | Dozens of people who were blinded or otherwise suffered severe eye damage when they were splashed with caustic chemicals had their sight restored with transplants of their own stem cells — a stunning success for the burgeoning cell-therapy field, Italian researchers reported We…
Follow The Times
Asphalt adds an element of flexibility which is critical here …
Call for details. Not valid with any other offer. 219-931-323…
Have recent storms left your home looking like this??? Give S.…
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
You create your own combination of delicious, soft-serve prem…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
In Today's Paper
Do you calll the police when you suspect a possible crime?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am