INDIANAPOLIS | Every local government in Indiana is set to lose its authority to regulate most aspects of private-sector employment.
INDIANAPOLIS | Merrillville's plan to subsidize its police department with registration fees charged to apartment owners has prompted a central Indiana lawmaker to propose a statewide ban on all municipal apartment registration and inspection requirements.
Most Hoosiers living in cities and towns believe their mayors and council members create their local ordinances. But the 2011 Indiana General Assembly has been on a rampage against "home rule." It goes far beyond the plea of cities for local taxing options in this era of crimping property tax caps.
Follow The Times
When you trust your home or business painting needs to Custom …
When you come to Feikema Plumbing & Sanitation, you will r…
Our team of experts can remove fallen or uprooted trees, branc…
Your life insurance premium is based, in part, on your age. Th…
With over 35 years in business, trust your pool installation a…
- 1 Three dead, five wounded in separate Gary shootings
- 2 Hanukkah, Thanksgiving on same day a 'once-in-a-lifetime occurrence'
- 3 E.C. man killed, girlfriend wounded in shooting
- 4 St. John police search for multiple suspects in alleged home invasion
- 5 Cops: Portage pharmacy tech stole 4,000 painkillers
Have you conducted business with the government via a website?