INDIANAPOLIS | Every local government in Indiana is set to lose its authority to regulate most aspects of private-sector employment.
INDIANAPOLIS | Merrillville's plan to subsidize its police department with registration fees charged to apartment owners has prompted a central Indiana lawmaker to propose a statewide ban on all municipal apartment registration and inspection requirements.
Most Hoosiers living in cities and towns believe their mayors and council members create their local ordinances. But the 2011 Indiana General Assembly has been on a rampage against "home rule." It goes far beyond the plea of cities for local taxing options in this era of crimping property tax caps.
Follow The Times
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
Pete Doherty is an accomplished scenic photographer!
Elaine Morris has over 25 years of experience with Allstate
Large or small, traditional or unconventional, spiritual or re…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm