I was reminded recently that May is Military Appreciation Month, and therefore an opportunity to demonstrate our appreciation for the sacrifices and successes of our men and women in the U.S. armed forces.
BEECHER | Beecher's Bobbi Stanula knows the Ladycats can play with anyone. Stanula and company are just having trouble finding the net to finish their scoring chances and win the close matches.
The Beecher High School girls soccer team will host the second annual "Wounded Warrior — Shoot for the Troops" game at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday when it plays Herscher.
CROWN POINT | Military veterans are being sought for inclusion on a new Police Department hiring list.
CHICAGO HEIGHTS | The city has been awarded a $500,000 federal grant that will be used to hire up to four new police officers.
LOWELL | It's time to pull out the poodle skirt for the '50s and '60s Sock Hop from 6 to 10 p.m. July 30 at American Legion Post 101, 108 Commercial Ave.
Follow The Times
RED HOT BUYS at Portage Ace Hardware!
Mattresses Plus Featuring Sunrise Fireworks has proudly served…
Need to settle an ESTATE? Call Bednar Auction Service for rea…
Visit MJ Polish Deli’s Virtual Store-Order Online Today!
Contact dealer for details. (219) 874-4293 BosakHondaMC.com
- 1 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 2 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 3 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
- 4 Substance in Lake Michigan draws rangers, fire department to lakeshore
- 5 Lowell man critically injured in crash
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am