An observation point in the center of Magnitogorsk, Russia, provides a breathtaking view of the Ural River, with gray and orange smoke rising above the rows of pipes on the opposite bank.
More than 100 people are expected to arrive Sunday at scenic Starved Rock State Park in LaSalle County to speak out against Mississippi Sand’s proposed 200-acre mining and processing plant just outside the park.
DULUTH, Minn. | Minerals and metallurgical engineer Don Fosnacht said having an "ungodly vast" array of natural resources is a good situation.
ArcelorMittal USA Inc. will pay a Cleveland-based mining company at least $250 million to settle disputes on iron ore supply contracts.
I am writing to express my personal and professional objection to the Singleton Stone quarry proposed at the Ind. 2/Interstate 65 interchange. My wife owns an animal hospital on Ind. 2 immediately north of the proposed quarry location, and we are concerned about the impact of the quarry on o…
Follow The Times
Update your floors and technology by choosing us! Now offering free IPod Shuffle, IPod Nano, or IPad Mini with a qualifying flooring purchase.
Call for details. 219-864-7100. flooringunlimited.net
Our mission is to help people manage the risks of everyday lif…
Half off initiation fee PLUS summer free. 60 days for $60, Lifestyle I and II only. Student memberships are available.
or go to www.meyersgriffith.com
You pay what you believe you can afford You pay what you beli…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am