MERRILLVILLE | Modern Forge Companies' relocation to Merrillville from Blue Island, Ill., is four to five months behind schedule, but a company official and town leaders remain enthusiastic about the project.
The Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority has been such a strong force for economic development that it is easy to forget it has been in existence just seven years.
Steelmakers, the BP refinery, the Indiana Department of Transportation and local communities boosted by the Northwest Indiana Regional Development Authority all had the building bug in 2011, undertaking billions of dollars in construction projects.
MERRILLVILLE | The Board of Zoning Appeals on Wednesday granted a variance request to allow Modern Forge Cos. to use a gravel access road after an engineer eased the board's concerns about safety and possible damage on Colorado Street.
"An era of greater opportunity has begun" for Northwest Indiana communities willing to seize it, Gov. Mitch Daniels told 320 people at a Munster Chamber of Commerce event. But corruption in local government remains a barrier, he said.
MUNSTER | Gov. Mitch Daniels told 320 people Tuesday afternoon at a Munster Chamber of Commerce event that "an era of greater opportunity has begun" for Northwest Indiana communities willing to seize it.
Follow The Times
Update your floors and technology by choosing us! Now offering free IPod Shuffle, IPod Nano, or IPad Mini with a qualifying flooring purchase.
Call for details. 219-864-7100. flooringunlimited.net
We deal with several different suppliers, such as SR Smith, Ha…
Stop in and visit Lightning Fireworks today!
Half off initiation fee PLUS summer free. 60 days for $60, Lifestyle I and II only. Student memberships are available.
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am