If you're considering buying a home, some experts think you should get a move on it.
Often misunderstood, reverse mortgage provides income for borrowers during retirement.
INDIANAPOLIS | Gov. Mitch Daniels held a ceremonial mortgage burning outside the Statehouse Wednesday to celebrate early payment of $147 million of long-term state debt.
Make no mistake. Bank of America Corp. doesn't make mistakes like the mistake it made with Valparaiso Councilman John Bowker's property taxes.
The selection of an administrator to manage a $25 billion national settlement reached with five large mortgage servicers earlier this year could bring many Indiana and Illinois borrowers relief on their mortgages.
Car keys and money on a white background
Happy and they know it
Home is where the vote is
Housing costs may be on the decline, but Closing costs are on the rise. Here’s why and what you can do about it
The good news for homebuyers is that mortgage interest rates continue to hover near record lows. The bad news is that closing costs are on the rise.
CROWN POINT | It's a long shot, but a small number of people who lost their homes in mortgage foreclosure may be owed some money.
INDIANAPOLIS | The Indiana Court of Appeals on Friday reversed a Porter County judge's decision that it said ignored state law and improperly gave priority to a mechanic's lien over a bank mortgage in a foreclosure action.
When you act now and take advantage of the fact that homes more affordable than they've been in the past 35 years along with the fact that interest rates remain at historic lows, the result could be smaller monthly payments that can be held in check for up to 30 years with a fixed-rate mortgage.
Investing in real estate isn’t a get-rich-quick game anymore. Here’s what to know about owning’s financial implications
It's never been easy.
Most Americans believe there is no debate -- an overwhelming 75% of people polled as part of a recent National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) said that owning a home is worth the risk of the fluctuations in the market, while 95% of those who identified themselves as current home owners …
Follow The Times
We use top quality siding materials that will beautify and pro…
We have remodeled more than 15,000 local homes since 1969. J &…
Our expertise can definitely help you. 219-932-5818
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am