VALPARAISO | A century and a half ago this New Year's Day, Valparaiso's Col. Isaac Suman was recovering from Confederate bullet wounds after participating in one of the most storied stands of the Union Army during the Civil War.
HAMMOND | The wives of two region Civil War veterans and a Union Army private wounded in battle all received special Christmas Eve honors with the placement of new memorial markers at Hammond's Oak Hill Cemetery.
HAMMOND | Nearly a century and a half has passed since Hammond Pvt. Nicholas Mashino survived a battle wound at one of the bloodiest engagements of the Civil War.
More than four decades ago, East Chicago Marine Lance Cpl. Emilio De La Garza Jr. used his body to absorb the explosion of an enemy grenade in Vietnam, giving his life to save fellow platoon members.
Follow The Times
Make sure everything is properly working before you invite you…
Not to be applied toward account balances or dental servi…
Call 322-2700 or 769-1976 for more details. www.albertsjewelers.com
The NWI Times undercover shopper reports on local gold buying …
Here at Wonder Years Learning Center we are pleased to announc…
- 1 Police seek public's help identifying person who dumped puppies
- 2 Dyer man dies following construction accident at Northwestern University
- 3 Woman enters guilty plea on child molestation, exploitation charges
- 4 Lowell man, 86, dies after accidentally setting himself on fire
- 5 Feds: Van Til indicted for using public employees, resources for campaign work
Should Congress enact a federal media shield law?
- FIRST PITCH: Opening day, Michelle FieldsMay 16, 2013 7:30 pm
- LIVE: RailCats season opener vs. Lincoln SaltdogsMay 16, 2013 4:30 pm
- Early look at 2013-14 Valparaiso Men's Basketball teamMay 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Moussa Gueye and Mohamed KoneMay 15, 2013 10:35 pm