National Institutes Of Health
Pearl Pathways, a life sciences consulting firm, recently announced plans to expand its operations in Indianapolis. This decision serves as a clear reminder that biopharmaceutical research plays a vitally important role in the Indiana economy.
Poverty, not bad teachers, is the main reason for poor test scores in schools. One-fifth of American children live in poverty, and facing up to that reality is a moral issue.
COPD, short for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, is a serious lung disease that over time makes it hard to breathe.
We don't often think of bacteria as a good thing, especially in our bodies. Antibacterial soaps fill drugstore shelves, and antibiotics treat countless diseases. But now, a new kind of "good" bacteria is taking up shelf space in the same stores as hand sanitizers.
"Asperger's syndrome" is dropped as a separate diagnosis in the first major rewrite in almost two decades of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
Skin can be a very delicate thing, and as the outermost layer, it needs to be cared for in order to look and feel its best.
Once known as spiritual discipline practiced in Eastern cultures, meditation has now found itself in the mainstream, with many touting its health benefits.
Indiana officials went into this year's session of the Indiana General Assembly with a solid proposal for comprehensive sentencing reform. It is unfortunate that the plan died in the partisan free-for-all.
CHICAGO | The Howard Brown Health Center is in danger of closing down after 36 years of providing medical care for the gay community.
Follow The Times
Lawn Doctor’s Maintainer Care is designed to protect trees (le…
Call today for details! 219-763-4247
See dealer for details. (888)360-8519 www.griegermotor…
Time to plan the best PARTY in Northwest Indiana and Chicago!
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am