National Solid Wastes Management Association
Some Lake County solid waste officials said they are just as concerned by the legal risks of preserving the controversial trash-to-ethanol contract as the litigation that could result from canceling it.
The Lake County Solid Waste Management District could avoid potential litigation — but invite other legal problems — if the trash-to-ethanol contract dies between now and April 2.
Lake County municipal leaders and solid waste officials spent much of 2010 debating the potential liability to taxpayers that public ownership of a planned trash-to-ethanol facility would create.
Follow The Times
2012 President Award Winner and Toyota Time Sales Event features ZERO percent on 9 different models.
Visit us at www.toyotaofmerrillville.com
Starting at 6 weeks old, our infant rooms have been specially …
Update your floors and technology by choosing us! Now offering free IPod Shuffle, IPod Nano, or IPad Mini with a qualifying flooring purchase.
Call for details. 219-864-7100. flooringunlimited.net
Russell's Tree Care has proudly served the community since 198…
- 1 Roof blows off LOFS house, vehicles overturn during storm
- 2 Residents, officials surveying damage in wake of Wednesday night storms
- 3 Paula Cooper: Convicted of murder at 15, a Gary woman prepares for her 2013 release
- 4 Gary woman sentenced to die at 16 to be released from prison
- 5 Woman fatally stabbed in C.P. domestic dispute
Should Lake County have continued to pursue the trash-to-ethanol proposal?
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2011-12 Edition)June 17, 2013 5:06 pm
- LIVE: RailCats vs. Quebec, waiting out the rainJune 12, 2013 8:52 pm
- LIVE: RailCats hope to keep winning ways vs. QuebecJune 11, 2013 5:00 pm
- Valparaiso Basketball What If... (2012-13 edition)June 10, 2013 10:30 am